- Opening Song
- Scripture & Opening Prayer
- Prayer For Children
- Welcome Visitors
- Altar Call
THE CIRCLES THAT SURROUND US | Hebrews 10:24-25
We’re in a series of messages called Back to the Basics. We’ve been looking at the essential first steps of Christian living with the idea of recapturing or maintaining that same level of enthusiasm that was so prominent in the early days of our Christian walk.
Today I want to talk about five connections that we need to seek out on a consistent basis. These are five communities – or five circles – that we need to be a part of. These five fundamental needs are often met in a variety of groups and communities to which we belong.
There are 4 basic elements which contribute to your spiritual growth. If you will make these four things part of your daily life, you will develop an appetite for obedience, and you will find that you are getting good at being good.
- 1. We need to be involved in a community of worship. Psalm 122:1
- 2. We need to be included in a circle of acceptance. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- 3. We need to choose a circle of influence. John 13:15; 1 Corinthians 11:1
- 4. We need to establish a circle of accountability. Romans 14:12; Galatians 6:1; Proverbs 27:17
- 5. We need to develop a circle of outreach. John 1:43-46
We weren’t made for isolation. We were made to be together, in connection and community with others.
Hebrews 10:24, 25 summarizes the purpose behind our community of faith: We spur one another to good deeds, we stick together, and we give each one the encouragement they need. This community – and the circles you belong to – are vital to your spiritual health. They keep the fire burning.